Nottingham is a city situated in Nottinghamshire, England, 48 km towards south of Sheffield and 48 km to the north of Leicester. Nottingham has connections to the legend of Robin Hood as well as lace making, bike (eminently Raleigh bicycles) and tobacco businesses. It was allowed it’s city charter in 1897 as a major aspect of Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The city is a traveler destination. In the year 2011, visitors spent over £1.5 billion – the 6th most noteworthy sum in England. In the year 2013, Nottingham had an expected population of 310,837 with the more extensive urban territory, which incorporates a large portion of the city’s suburb areas, having a population of 729,977. It’s urban territory is the biggest in the East Midlands and the second biggest in the Midlands. The city has an award winning open transport system, including the biggest publicly claimed transport system in England.
POPULATION OF NOTTINGHAM IN 2016:
In order to find out the population of the city in the year 2016, we need to find out the population of the place of the past 5 years and get the average estimated population for Nottingham in 2016. The population of the city in the year 2011 was 305,700, 2012 – 308,700, 2013 – 310,800, 2014 – 312,614. We need to additionally find out the population of Nottingham in the year 2015 and by means of averages and calculation. The population for Nottingham in 2015 is 314,342. Therefore, the population for the year 2016 is 316,070. (As estimated)
Nottingham has a population of almost 312,000 with the Greater Nottingham population at 729,977 and the population of Metro at 1,543,000. Nottingham has a density of around 4,073/km2. 65.4% consist of White British, 6.1% are either European or North American, 13.1% are Asian, 4.3% are African, 1.6% consist of Middle Eastern, 1.1% South/Central and many others. The city is an extremely multi-social city with inhabitants from 93 distinct nations and 101 spoken dialects with cooking styles, religious establishments/spots, organizations and general stores all over the city, particularly around Hyson Green, Forest Fields, Carrington.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH:
The city of Nottingham has a population density of 4,073/km2.
The city has a history backtracking to 600 AD. In the year 2014, the city had an expected population of 312,000. The earliest known population of the city was around 35 individuals in the fourth century, which became gradually to 1,500 individuals by the eleventh century. Between the end of the seventeenth century to the beginning of the nineteenth century, the city developed from 5,000 to just about 30,000 individuals. The city touched 100,000 at some point around 1870s, then around 200,000 in the 1880s. It crested at 312,000 in the year 1961, before it’s population started to decrease.
FACTS ABOUT NOTTINGHAM:
- The city is one of eight center urban cities perceived by the Government.
- Nottingham’s Goose Fair has existed since the year 1284, when it kept going for eight days.
- An inventor from the city quite recently came up with a product that can dry dampness out of boots and dress.
- A Nottingham retailer invented the formula for HP Sauce, yet missed the shot of making his fortune, when he exchanged the formula with a Midlands’ vinegar organization to settle a debt.
- Born in the year 1793, the child of a Nottingham mill operator, George Green was a scientific genius abundantly respected by Albert Einstein. He had only one year of formal education, yet his work was the start of advanced scientific mathematical physics. Presently restored to full working order, the factory contains hands-on science gallery, which mirrors Green’s work.